Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Christmas Wonder Workshop
Encourage your kids to create some Christmas Wonder in this Christmas Decoration Making Workshop.
In this one hour workshop your budding artist will join local author and artist Vikki Conley for a journey through her new book "Christmas Wonder" followed by the creation of ceramic Christmas Decorations.
Kids will be provided with examples of decorations, but encouraged to be as creative as they wish with the different materials and tools provided. They will be taught slab techniques and correct joining of different clay colours and textures. And they can make as many decorations as they want.
The decorations will be fired and ready before Christmas, so they can be given as gifts to family, friends & teachers. Or hung on their own Christmas tree with pride.
Parents are welcome to sit in, take a walk around the Montsalvat grounds or grab a bite to eat while the kids get creative.
Vikki writes and shares stories that celebrate the spirit of wonder, freedom and adventure that she wishes every child could enjoy. In search of extraordinary stories, she has climbed inside Icelandic glaciers, entered war-torn countries and interviewed African dignitaries in a paddock full of donkeys!
Vikki's love of ceramics was reignited and continues at Clay Talk@ Montsalvat.
Some older clothes, suitable shoes and an apron are a great idea in the pottery studio – clay can get messy! - All other materials are provided.
The class will have a maximum of 10 students. The cost is all inclusive.
- Slab and joining techniques
- Use their imaginations to create Christmas Decorations
- Discover the joy of making gifts
- As many Christmas Decorations as they can make in an hour
- Use of different colours and textures of clay
- The fun and experience of working with other creative, like minded kids.
- An apron & A towel if you would like
Suitable clothes and closed toed shoes - Clay can get messy!
Primary school age children looking to have fun and get creative
If you change your mind and want to cancel your course booking completely, you can either transfer your enrolment to a friend or we'll refund:
- 100% if you cancel at least 4 weeks before the course starts, less a $20 administration fee.
- 50% if you cancel 2 weeks before the course starts, less a $20 administration fee.
- No refund if you cancel:
- less than 2 weeks before the course starts; or
- the course has already started.
We'll give a full refund if we have someone on our waiting list who can take your spot immediately or if we cancel a course for any reason.
If you can’t attend a class during your course, unfortunately we don’t offer make up classes. We therefore encourage you to choose your courses and dates carefully.